Dr. Malek has been practicing endodontics in San Jose since 1997 and has developed a state of the art endodontic facility including digital radiography, surgical microscope, Ni Ti rotary files and a caring and skilled staff. He utilizes MTA for surgical and non-surgical cases. He is the root canal specialist and by using very updated materials and techniques , he stays above standard of care.
All dentists, including your general dentist, received training in endodontic treatment in dental school. General dentists can perform endodontic procedures along with other dental procedures, but often they refer patients needing endodontic treatments to endodontist.
Endodontist are dentists with special training in performing root canals. They provide only endodontic services in their practices because they are specialist. To become specialist they complete dental school and an additional two more years of advanced training in endodontics. They perform routine as well as difficult and very complex endodontic procedures, including endodontic surgery. Dr. Malek is also experienced at finding the cause of oral and facial pain that has been difficult to diagnose.
- Graduate of University of Pennsylvania Dental School
- General Practice Residency from Staten Island University Hospital
- Graduate of University of Connecticut – Endodontic Residency
Memberships and Associations
- Associate Clinical Professor at University of California, San Francisco
- Santa Clara County Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Endodontists