NewTom GO 3D Scans San Jose
We are very excited to announce the addition of one of the newest technologies, cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) to the practice. The NewTom GO 3D scans lets me view the finite details of root morphology in stunning 3-D images. It is this technology that gives me an edge to practice with more accuracy and diagnose with more quality.
As an endodontist, cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) is becoming an invaluable part of practice for endodontics and placing implants. General practitioners know that this system allows to better diagnose and treat patients with more success than conventional clinical tests or 2-D radiographs, which would require 33% bone destruction to reveal even a fraction of what I’m able to see with CBCT.
The procedures listed here are the majority of uses of cone beam radiology in dentistry:
- 3-D observation of overall oral/facial bony characteristics, allowing easier diagnosis and placement of dental implants
- Surgical guide fabrication for implant placement
- 3-D observation of teeth for endodontic diagnosis and treatment
- Identification of inferior alveolar nerve and mental foramen location
- Identification of the location of the maxillary sinus
- Identification of the presence of odontogenic lesions
- Trauma evaluation and treatment